The most awesome facility at your disposal during a stay at ACE Hideaways is your natural surrounding. We are nestled into a woodland high above the River Findhorn in which all manner of nature – from birds to deer and even red squirrels – has made its home. As such we are in a very rural location and some facilities tend to the eco-minded and functional.
Camping & Glamping Facilities:
- Drinking-Water is from our own private supply taken from the (council-tested) tap at the toilet/shower block.
- There are loos and showers by Reception for all to use.
- The Outdoor Camp Kitchen has a huge table and log stools (made from a single tree that had fallen beside the river just below ACE), sink, and two-ring gas camp cooker for all campers to share and enjoy. Each shepherd’s hut has its own gas ring stove.
- Campfires are welcome! There is a huge communal fire pit at camp kitchen for large groups so everyone at ACE can enjoy a proper campfire. A sack of excellent quality, locally-sourced, seasoned hardwood logs can be bought from Reception.
- Each bell tent and shepherd’s hut has a log burning stove inside to keep you toasty all night and its own designated fire pit outside.
- ACE Reception shop has some basic supplies such as drinks, chocolate bars, and camp essentials.
What to Bring:
- walking shoes/boots/old trainers/wellies
- waterproof coat
- warm clothes
- cool clothes (shorts?!)
- swimming stuff & towel
- change of clothes
- simple, non-perishable food
- water bottle
- midge repellent
- matches/lighter if you’d like to make a fire
- Walking: right from the doorstep there are really beautiful woodland and river-gorge walks where you may well not meet another soul
- Whitewater rafting, tubing, canoeing, kayaking, canyoning and cliff jumping: for individuals, families, friends or groups, right here on the River Findhorn with ACE Adventures
- Team-building: tailored for schools, corporates or other groups with ACE Adventures, here at Auchnagairn
- Paintballing: hidden away in the woods below Auchnagairn, with ACE Adventures
- Disc Golf: our own woodland course with ACE Adventures, here at Auchnagairn
- Fly Fishing (salmon & grilse) here on the Findhorn with Logie Estate
- Shopping for unique crafts, books, art, foods, plants and gifts, eating, whisky tasting, garden-viewing and occasional courses at nearby Logie Steading