For health and safety, everyone staying at ACE Hideaways must complete this digital check-in form in full before or upon arrival. On arrival, all guests are checked in by a member of staff. Due to COVID-19 we require;
- Full address and contact details of every guest
- Past 14 days areas travelled
- Confirmation there has been no exposure for the last 14 days to anyone, or do not have themselves, signs and symptoms of COVID-19 including; fever, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, persistent cough or a change in taste or smell
- Temperature taken on arrival
- Notification to management by any person if any of the symptoms occur during your stay at ACE Hideaways
- Maintain a distance of 2 meters where possible and wear a face covering at all other times
- Keep good personal hygiene and use the wash stations and sanitiser facilities provided
By completing this form, you acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions as listed below:
Terms and Conditions for Booking and Staying at ACE Hideaways
1. ACE Hideaways accept bookings either online, by email, by telephone, or by written letter. Payment can be made by Bank Transfer, Cleared Cheque, Cash or Card. Some card Payments can incur a surcharge of which you will be notified in advance
2. Bookings are accepted when ACE Hideaways receives a minimum non-refundable deposit of 20% of the hire charge (the full amount is requested if bookings are made within 14 days of arrival date). Bookings are confirmed in writing by email. ACE Hideaways reserves the right to make exceptions to the above where instances dictate
3. The final balance is due 14 days in advance of the activity date unless otherwise arranged
4. We recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance – no-one wants to pay for a holiday that they cannot take.
5. In the event of a cancellation the hirer (person who originally made the booking with ACE Hideaways) must advise us immediately in writing. Cancellations are considered accepted on the date ACE Hideaways receives confirmation of cancellation in writing by letter or email
6. Cancellations are subject to the following terms and incur the following charges:
- Loss of non-refundable deposit 14 days prior to the arrival date
- Charged full amount for cancellation within 14 days of the arrival date
7. All invoices and outstanding balances must be paid by the date and time of departure. ACE Hideaways charge all outstanding accounts at 2.5% interest for every seven days thereafter
8. ACE Hideaways reserve the right to make alterations to brochure details or website listings, and any other company documents, before and after any booking has been received and confirmed. Most of these changes will be minor and in most cases, we will inform you at the earliest opportunity
9. The provision of any activities available to visitors to Ace Hideaways or referenced by our literature or linked to our website is provided by an independent company (generally Ace Adventures) wholly separate from Ace Hideaways. In no event shall Ace Hideaways be liable for any damages whatsoever including special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind without limitation or any complaint or action resulting from any defect in the service or tort (including negligence) whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the provision of any activities referenced by our literature, or linked to our website. Activities booked with Ace Adventures have their own Terms and Conditions and policies. Please ensure that you are familiar with these if booking activities.
10. Special Offers: From time to time we offer late availability, one-off or seasonal special offers. Any special offer discounts offered are for the holiday and dates in question at the time of booking and cannot be carried forward to another holiday. Only one type of special offer can be used at any one time – special offers cannot be combined. We reserve the right to change or remove special offers at any time.
11. On completing the online booking process or alternatively signing and completing the offline Booking Form, or other Company Document, or receiving a booking confirmation, you agree to honour and abide by the Booking Terms and Conditions as documented by ACE Hideaways. You acknowledge that all the guests in your party are aware of these terms and conditions prior to the arrival date
12. Arrival time is 15.00 to 19.00. The departure time is from 08.00 to 11.00. These times always apply unless you have made prior arrangements in writing with the management. Please ensure that you and your belongings have vacated your hut, tent, or pitch by 11.00. A late check-in fee of £10 applies to arrivals after 19.00. Latest arrival strictly 22.30. If you are going to be late for your arrival, please telephone ahead. If you have activities scheduled for your departure day and would like to leave belongings at ACE, please leave them locked in your vehicle or ask reception staff if there is a safe place. If pitches, tents and huts have not been fully vacated by 12 noon, we reserve the right to charge for an additional night’s stay.
13. Guests’ Terms and Conditions: At least one member of the party (at least the person making the booking) must be over 18 years of age at the time of booking confirmation. The contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between the Ace Hideaways Owners (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) in the booking conditions outlined on this page. UK law will govern the contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have received the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with;
- If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control. For example, fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure“) you will be refunded or credited the full amount of the booking
- If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded or credited part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking
- No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable
- No more than the maximum number of persons stated in the brochure and the web site may occupy the property/hut/tent or pitch unless with express written permission from us. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed
- Any persons other than members of your party may not use the facilities at Ace Hideaways, excepting those run separately by Ace Adventures
- Ace Hideaways, its employees, and its representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to protect and safeguard your personal property
- You are responsible for the property (hut, tent or pitch) during your stay and are expected to take all reasonable care of its landscape, furniture, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning
- You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of hut, tent or building. You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand
- We shall be allowed the right of entry to our tents or huts at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value you, our guests, and want you to return
14. Fires Safety Rules and Information:
- Please do not light a fire anywhere at Ace Hideaways other than in a designated fire pit or log burner
- No-one under the age of 18 should light a fire without adult supervision
- Shepherd’s Huts have an internal log-burning stove. Logs are provided for these indoor stoves only. Logs can be purchased from reception for outdoor fires. It is your responsibility to ensure that it is used according to the instructions provided
- We ask you not to burn candles inside any hut or tent. For your own safety, an adult must be present at all times when burning candles & cooking, or when anything is lit
- A fire extinguisher is provided in each hut or bell tent. In addition, a fire blanket is provided in each shepherd’s hut. A list of emergency numbers is provided in each bell tent and shepherd’s hut and at the reception and camp kitchen
- Please do not smoke inside any shepherd’s hut or tent
- If you smoke outside, please dispose of cigarette butts in the cigarette dust bin located on the outside wall of the main reception and not on the ground or anywhere else
- The consideration of safety is paramount when lighting and tending to any fire – please be cautious and if in doubt, ask
15. ACE Hideaways is surrounded by beautiful woodland and countryside. We ask that guests treat it with respect, both for their own enjoyment and safety and for the safety of others including the wildlife and farm animals surrounding the area. Approach any wild or farm animal with caution and be aware that you do so at your own risk.
16. Dogs at Ace: Please be aware that we strictly limit the number of dogs on the site at any one time and we also ask you not to allow your dog to disturb other guests and always to keep them on a lead while at Ace. Keeping your dog not just under close control but also on a lead is important because it is essential to keep the balance in the surrounding ecosystem. In essence, we are lucky enough to be surrounded by the kind of nature, from deer to red squirrels and birdlife, that is easily disturbed by even the most well-behaved of dogs out for an explore. For the benefit of the natural environment and other Ace guests, we also ask that you always pick up your dog’s mess and bin it at the base. Most dog owning-guests are very respectful of others and their surroundings but please remember that we reserve the right to ask owners of any pet causing a disturbance, or who do not abide by these rules, to leave Ace immediately. If you and your dog are happy to comply with the rules your dog will be very welcome at Ace, and you will find that the surrounding walks are a doggy paradise.
17. For the purposes of booking a stay at ACE Hideaways, children are considered to be under the age of 16.
18. Groups of 10 or more guests are required to make a refundable damage deposit of min £150 on booking (to be paid by arrival).
Terms and Conditions for ACE Adventure – activities at ACE
Please visit www.aceadventures.co.uk/about/terms-and-conditions/